"The way to a man's heart is thru his stomach"

Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Cabbage Meatball Soup

Cabbage Meatball Soup

2.5 lbs. ground beef
2 carrots (grated)
2 celery (diced)
1 cup panko (bread crumbs)
1 large onion (diced)
5 eggs
garlic salt
pepper
parsley
1 large Napa Cabbage (chinese cabbage)


Mix all ingredience together except cabbage. 

In large pot fill with water and bring water to boil.  Cut cabbage at the bottom and boil until tender.
 (do not over boil cabbage)  

form meat mixture into balls. place balls in the middle of cabbage and roll and secure with toothpick.
set it aside.

(Soup)
1 large can tomatoe sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 large can (campbells) tomatoe soup
garlic salt and pepper

Bring all ingredience to boil then add cabbage rolls to soup. turn down the heat and simmer for 1 hour covered.

This is my oldest daughter Madeline's favorite dish.  
My grandma Evelyn taught me how to cook this recipe.
Its very tasty! My family like to eat it over rice with soy sauce.  I like it spicy! I always add Tobasco!

No comments:

Post a Comment