"The way to a man's heart is thru his stomach"

Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Asparagus Carbonara

Asparagus Carbonara

1 serving penne

4 slices bacon (chopped)

1 handful asparagus

1 clove garlic (chopped)

pepper to taste

1 egg yolk

1 tablespoon heavy cream

1/4 cup pecorino romano

1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
 
 
 
Start cooking the penne
.

Fry the bacon in a pan.

 Cut the asparagus into penne shaped pieces.

 Drain most of the fat from the pan but reserve some to cook the asparagus.

 Add the asparagus, garlic and pepper and toss to coat in the bacon grease.

 Mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and pecorino romano in a bowl.

 Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.

 Add the pasta to the pan and toss.

Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the sizzling to stop.
 Add the egg mixture and toss to coat.

 Add a bit of the pasta water and toss to mix and coat.

I was very suprised by how tasty this dish turned out. I patt myself on the back with this one!  I didnt go with exact to the recipe. I added more Penne, bacon, and asparagus. and of course tripled the cream sauce.  It did need more salt. Please salt the dish to your liking. I also made some garllic cheese bread. You will see the posting for this too.  I got this pasta recipe from the internet and was successful.  Was pretty easy.  My whole family LOVED it.

No comments:

Post a Comment